30 December 2011

Music I liked in 2011.

A prelude to a proper Top Ten Films (Jesus, that one's gonna be hard this year).

I just kinda feel like sharing some new favorites from this year, so, onward! I dig music!

SBTRKT probably created my favorite track of the year with this. This track bounces with optimism.


This track's so, so cool. A Gilles Peterson find.


Shawn Lee's become like, a one-man army of vintage funk and soul. But add Elliot Bergman of Ann Arbor's Nomo in to the mix, and baby, you got a groovy stew.


Like end credits for an 80's teen movie, just, without the movie. Anthony Gonzalez blew up with this guy. "Midnight City's" the king, but "Reunion's" the most exciting of his new tracks.


Come on, Common got back together with his producer from Like Water for Chocolate. And those dudes made "The Light!" This, may be close. Also, Maya Angelou!


Again, more party boy music... but really good party boy music.


So sad. So dreamy. TV on the Radio totally sold out in a good way. Also, an awesome video helps this thing out real good.


So, you wanna like, come over, and chill out with me over this? RIP Gil Scott-Heron.


Remixes of old songs, sure. But mellow-ass tracks!


Love 'im or hate him... I love him. Kid's entertaining as hell. Video and song are glorifiably nasty.


Whoa, whoa, whoa Wilco. This is weird sounding from you guys... and I like it.


From my sis. My only commentary? Fuuunkkkky boy!


Saw these chicks last summer. I totally feel guilty for the whole "rejecting Sleater-Kinny" thing. New classic rock, I think.


Yeah, I pretend to be coo.


Yeah, more party boy music. But, HAPPY party boy music!


Enjoy.

No comments: